5405 Grand Ave

Gurnee, IL

(847) 360-9400

Call Now!

“The Rosati’s Story”

The Rosati family’s history of serving delicious Italian food to American customers dates all the way back to the late 1800’s. In 1895, Fred Rosati, who recently emigrated from Italy, opened an Italian restaurant in New York. After the turn of the century he moved to Chicago and opened another Italian restaurant serving the finest Italian dishes.


Pizza was a popular appetizer that Mr. Rosati would serve to customers and friends, although back then the pizza was prepared in the Italian tradition consisting of tomato sauce served on a crisp piece of bread. In 1927, following in his father’s footsteps, Fred’s son Sam opened his own Italian restaurant in downtown Chicago. When Sam retired his sons were ready to continue the family tradition.


The year was 1964 and pizza in America was starting to take off. Already armed with a rich family history of serving authentic Italian food, Sam’s sons Dick, Ronald and later Al joined to open the first Rosati’s Pizza in Mt. Prospect Illinois. They soon followed with a second location in Niles Illinois.


In 1970, Rick Rosati, great grandson of Fred Sr., continued the family tradition and opened his own Rosati’s Pizza store in Arlington Heights. By 1978, a total of ten different Rosati family members owned Rosati’s Pizza locations. In 1979 the family decided to grow even faster and began franchising the Rosati’s Pizza concept. In 1996 Sam Rosati, great great grandson of Fred Sr. opened his first Rosati’s Pizza location in Belvidere Illinois marking the fifth generation of Rosati family members serving delicious Italian food.


Although Rosati’s discontinued franchising in 1998, there are various Rosati family members that continue to operate fine Rosati restaurants throughout the country. This website is sponsored by one of the Rosati groups, led by Rick Rosati. Only those Rosati restaurants which are affiliated with this group are listed on this website.

“Eat in or take out it’s all good with us”

About Us

In 1970, Rick Rosati, great grandson of Fred Sr., continued the family tradition and opened his own Rosati’s Pizza store in Arlington Heights. By 1978, a total of ten different Rosati family members owned Rosati’s Pizza locations. In 1979 the family decided to grow even faster and began franchising the Rosati’s Pizza concept. In 1996 Sam Rosati, great great grandson of Fred Sr. opened his first Rosati’s Pizza location in Belvidere Illinois marking the fifth generation of Rosati family members serving delicious Italian food.


Although Rosati’s discontinued franchising in 1998, there are various Rosati family members that continue to operate fine Rosati restaurants throughout the country. This website is sponsored by one of the Rosati groups, led by Rick Rosati.